Monday, September 22, 2014

FIVE REASONS COUPLES FIGHT...

NOTES that I took as I watched Jimmy and Karen Evans Marriage-Today videos:








Five reasons couples fight:
  • Work stress
  •  Money
  •  Children
  •  Sex
  •  Housework
  •  But real reason for fighting…EXAMPLE:  Karen said:  you don’t care about how I feel – you are not valuing how I feel, for example when Karen would drive; Karen was stressed over poor driving because Jimmy thought he was the gifted driver. He was correcting her every move.  But when Jimmy drove, Karen would hold on to the dash, etc – she was stressed – but Jimmy said "I didn't care how Karen felt"
TWO DIFFERENT PROBLEMS:
  • Women need “security” – that you care about her – she has to know that she is more important than anything else – are you going to be a faithful provider? A faithful husband
  • Men need “honor” and respect:  Am I a good man and do you “believe” in me – or do you think I’m a louse?

The song "Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus" is in my heart!  What a great thought nothing can stand in our way, no battle scars ...