Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Mother's God Answers Prayers


Must share this story with you, I just hung up the phone after having an interesting conversation with a dear friend! She mentioned that at 9 years of age she heard her mother pray, "Oh, Lord, please take me home" and it scared her to death! Her mom did not know that the 9 year old heard the prayer. Of course that is not the only prayer she had heard her mother pray. But she knew that when her mother prayed she got answers so even as a 9 year old she was not surprised when her mother died within two weeks after that prayer. Her mom got to make her transfer to heaven!
The 9-year-old daughter turned out to be a Christian that depends TOTALLY on God because of this Mother's prayer life and then death. What example are we setting for our children? Do you pray out loud with your children? Will they one day say "My Mother's God Answers Prayers." ? "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Rom. 12:12

The song "Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus" is in my heart!  What a great thought nothing can stand in our way, no battle scars ...