Monday, July 7, 2008

Pray for Children

FEET of Children…

July 3 – 6, 2008, Paul, Schell and Noah came to West Monroe for a few days. They stayed with us; it was so great to have them back home.

While they were here, I was holding Noah, and I looked down at his precious little feet (he is about 2 months old) and I prayed “Lord, please guide these feet – where Noah should go and what he should do for You oh LORD GOD of heaven and earth.

Then, I said “Schell, please take a picture of Noah’s precious little feet…isn’t that adorable?" So she did. Today, as I’m praying for my children and grandchildren, I began to think about the “feet” spoken about in the Bible; how do I pray for Hugh and I; for my children and grandchildren in regards to their feet? Sounds silly huh? But think about it for a moment…

“Feet” is mentioned in the Bible 262 times. Some of those times refer to the 'measurement' but often it is speaking of human feet. Many references are to “washing feet” but I began to read about how God took care of His people’s feet and discovered that when God’s people were wandering in the desert for 40 years not only did their sandals not wear out but their feet did not even swell. God took complete care of them…every detail. While we're here on earth...it is our "wandering in the wilderness" but we have nothing to fear because of the great God we serve...

{4 Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years. Deuteronomy 8:4 (NIV)}

PRAYER:Today, July 7, 2008, I pray Holy God…
You LORD are worthy to be praised, You alone are worthy! Thank YOU that You created little Noah (2 months old) and (6 year old) Madelyn and brought them to earth to be raised by Paul and Schell (Noah); Luke and Melissa (Madelyn). Thank you that you’ve allowed Hugh and I to be their Grandparents, please give us wisdom as we love them day to day.

Please give their parents Paul & Schell and Luke & Melissa a special measure of wisdom as they raise their children. Lord God I pray you’d protect all of them from the evil one; thank you that you surround each one of them with your protection and angels that are assigned to each of them. I pray that all Hugh and I tried to do to raise Paul and Luke for you would forever be in their hearts…that YOU LORD GOD would ever draw them to you so that they will lead their families close to You. I pray that one day we’ll all be in heaven together.

As I thank you Holy Father for their precious feet…My prayer is that you will guide those feet. May they never follow after evil but always after YOU LORD GOD, to Your glory and honor. You tell us in your word….
33 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
34 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.
2 Samuel 22:33-35 (NIV)

So I claim that promise in Your Word for Noah and Madelyn; their parents and grandparents! Thank You LORD GOD ALMIGHTY for all that You do for each of us. In Christ Holy Name I Pray AMEN

We wait in great expectation as the one and only true and living God answers our prayers for our children, grandchildren and all the children on earth. So that when this life is over our children and grandchildren will be able to say that Pop and GG’s feet followed God closely…like what we read in Job 23:10-12 (NIV)…
10 But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
11 My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.
12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Till next time, {GG} Carolyn 'Jo' Gower

The song "Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus" is in my heart!  What a great thought nothing can stand in our way, no battle scars ...